Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Back-Story: I was the first person at my library to reserve this book and check it out when it made it’s debut, but after reading a couple chapters I couldn’t get past the writing and returned it. Then I read a description for Destroy Me and it made Warner sound hot, so I decided to give Shatter Me another try.

Review: The book is boring in the beginning. The writing annoyed me with all the crossed out sentences and the repeat of every word word word.. The middle gets better but my real interest in the book began at the ending. After a while you get used to the writing and it’s interesting to see things through Juliette’s eyes. I was so looking forward to falling for one of the guys because I hear there’s a Team Adam and Team Warner. I couldn’t really fall for either. Adam isn’t the type of guy I usually get into and Warner is just insane. Kenji was pretty interesting and I’m looking forward to getting to know Brendan.

Looks: The cover is okay. I think the dress is ugly but other than that it’s cool how the words are crossed out. There’s a new cover out and I actually like it better.

Content: There’s a lot of cussing towards the end of the book.

Likes: The idea behind the book is cool and interesting enough. I like the idea of the two sides fighting to get Juliette on their side and it’s going to be cool to see what happens.

Dislikes: I didn’t really like the writing and I just had to push through it. I didn’t like the cussing and Warner was too possessive and crazy for my taste.

Overall: I liked it enough that I want to read the novella and the sequel, but I don’t care enough to actually purchase the books for keeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment