Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Zeus by Kamery Solomon


My sister had read this book a while ago and had been suggesting it to me for a while, so when I saw that it was free on the nook, I went ahead and got it.

I am so glad I got it.

This book was pleasantly surprising and was super fun to read. It didn't wow me when I was first reading it, but by the time I hit a certain point I decided that I loved this book. The book first starts out with Karly moving to Las Vegas which I think is super cool because Las Vegas is my hometown. It was great to read a book that took place in Vegas and I liked the fact that Kamery was able to allow the book to take place in Vegas, but not be about Vegas. Karly was a relateable character for me because she was going to college at UNLV and I'm at that point in my life, so it was nice to be able to be like, 'Hey yeah, I totally know what she means about saving her AC and her car power to save money'. Karly was going though everything that I'm going through in my life right now and I've never had that happen to me while reading a book.

Zeus was an interesting guy. To be honest, I didn't like him in the beginning. I thought it was super weird that after the club he just showed up at Karly's house. And then the thing with the flowers... it made me really uncomfortable about Zeus. But, surprisingly, Zeus turned things around and I ended up loving him. It was cool to see how him and Karly interacted with each other and how Zeus reacted when they talked about Greek things and the weather. I also really like Kamery's take on Zeus. The Zeus I always see in my head is the one from Disney's Hercules, but this Zeus was completely different. And when he came in to save the day with his lighting bolts... hot.

Another thing I liked about the book was that Kamery included Greeks gods that aren't commonly known. We always hear about the major gods like Hera, Hades, Zeus, and Poseidon, but Kamery also featured Nike and Morpheus. The action scenes were great and intense and I really enjoyed them. The book didn't lag for me in anyway and I felt like all the chapters and scenes fit with the book and weren't there just to fill spaces. This was a great book that I'd definitely recommend. I was absorbed in it the whole time and finished it the same day I downloaded it. I've already downloaded the next book in the series and have already started reading. If you get the chance to download this book-do it. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment