Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony


This is a story told entirely through pictures.

I picked this book up just out of interest and once I got home from the library, I started reading it and finished it within the hour. This was the first time I've ever read a book that was told through pictures, so it was hard to get into at first. Once I got used to it and found a groove, it was really fun to read. I'm surprised about the emotions I felt while reading the book. I felt like I was actually Glory sitting down and looking through an old box of trinkets and flipping through a photo album. The story was easy to understand-something that surprised me since I was expecting it to be difficult-and it was easy to feel Glory's emotions. It was fun to read the newspaper articles and see the paintings. I enjoyed seeing their IM messages and playlists. The ending of the story is basically up for you to decide. That was something I knew from the beginning, and I knew I was going to dislike that part. I'm the type of person that wants to be told what happened. Don't leave it up to me. Tell me what happened. But, surprisingly, I liked the ending. I saw how it ended and even though I wasn't told directly what the ending was, I felt like I was directed in how the ending was.

Overall, this was really fun and easy to read. I loved the pictures and the fact that the people in the book were all good looking. One "negative" thing to say about the book though, is that it's twenty bucks. I personally would recommend checking the book out at the library if you can before spending twenty bucks and basically getting a book of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment