Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars MOVIE REVIEW


It may come as a surprise to some people, but I actually saw the movie The Fault in Our Stars. It was kind of against my will to be honest. The only reason I saw it was because of a birthday. But anyway, I figured since I was going to see it, why not review it?

Let me start off by saying that even though I wasn't really wanting to see it, I kept an open mind throughout the whole movie.

I think the movie followed the book really well from what I remember. I was impressed by that fact, and I also assumed it would be like that because I knew John Green was very much involved in the movie making. However, one of my friends that read the book and loved it said that the movie switched back and forth with the book.

I honestly liked the movie. I was impressed by it and watching the movie made me want to read the book again and give it another try. I loved the chemistry and banter between Gus and Hazel, and I completely loved Isaac. My heart was really happy when the opening came on and the font was the same font as the book. The credits were like that too. I felt that the movie was more emotional than the book. I also assumed I would feel this way because typically I get more emotional watching something instead of reading it.

*Spoiler* When Gus died, I wasn't sad. I wasn't sad in the book either. I mean, yeah, it's a sad thing to lose someone to cancer, but I expected Gus to die in the book and of course the movie. What was sad for me was Hazel crying when she found out. At that point, I wanted to cry too. What surprised me during the movie, was everyone else crying in the theatre. I heard everyone joking about bringing tissues and things, but I didn't actually think anyone would cry. It shocked me because of all the sad movies I've seen, I've never heard anyone crying in the theatre. People were blubbering.

Overall, I liked the movie. I liked the characters and the acting. I liked the raw emotions and truthfulness the movie had. I would recommend seeing the movie if you're hesitant to see it. It was actually pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment