Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Poseidon by Kamery Solomon



I picked this book up after reading the first book in the series called Zeus. I fell in love with Zeus and I was very excited to read the sequel.

I loved loved loved this book!

It was a bit hard for me to get into because we meet Audrey, a very likeable character, and she's going through some tough times. Her husband has died and she has to create herself anew. It was hard for me to relate to because I've never been married, and I've never lost someone in my life. Once I was able to get past Audrey's troubles, I was able to get into the book more. Audrey was a great character and I loved how she was able to get back onto her feet and move on with her life. I felt like she was moving on in a very healthy way, and I greatly appreciated that.

Sy was a very likeable character too. When we first met him, I was kind of wary. I was the same with Zeus, but after a while he really grew on me and I began to love him. He had a great sense of humor and I loved the banter between him and Audrey. My only real complaint about him was that I hated he used the nickname Sy. I realize that with the name Poseidon you don't really have a lot of nicknames to work with, but I wished he had another name other than Sy.

It was interesting to see how the book ended. I'm not sure how I feel about it, and I won't mention much of it so I don't give anything away. All I can say is that it was a weird switch, and I haven't read a twist like that one before.

Overall, this book was great just like Zeus. I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment