Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan


Back-Story: I am a huge fan of Rick Riordan. I have all of his Percy Jackson books, Heroes of Olympus books, and The Kane Chronicle books.

Review: I liked this book a lot. It’s my second favorite (the second one book being my first favorite) and I really enjoyed how the things evolved and how their final battle was. The book had Riordan’s humor like all his other books and it was quite enjoyable. I’m sad that the series is over, but I’m really happy with how it ended.

Looks: I love all of Rick Riordan’s covers and this one is nice and goes along with all the other covers.

Content: There’s a lot of action and a lot of things go on at once and sometimes it’s hard to keep up, but you still get the just of things and don’t really miss out.

Likes: I love Sadie’s character and I love Setne even though he’s evil. I also love Walt and Anubis and even though I was rooting for Walt to win Sadie’s heart I’m happy with how things ended up.

Dislikes: I didn’t dislike anything except the fact that the series is over.

Overall: This is a really good series for anyone to read because all of Rick Riordan’s books (Percy, Heroes of Olympus, and Kane) are clean. There are no cuss words and nothing sexual. There’s lots of action and some romance, but it isn’t the kind of romance geared for older audiences. The characters are around fifteen and are just getting into the dating world which makes these books good for kids that age and older people that don’t want to read about how hot a guy is and how much a girl wants to make out with him. Overall, I would definitely recommend this book especially to fans of the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series, and even to people that want a light romance instead of hot and heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment