Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Perfect Scoundral's by Ally Carter


Back-Story: I’m a huge fan of Ally Carter and have all her books, so naturally when this one came out I bought it.

Review: I don’t like the Heist Society novels as much as I like the Gallagher Girls series. I don’t know if it’s the way it’s written (GG is first point of view and HS is third person) or if it’s just the book in general. It’s about thieves and at times can be hard to follow along. I was a little let down with this book. When I first read about it I was so excited to learn about Hale and his family and what I learnt wasn’t really all that exciting. I also wanted more interaction between Hale and Kat, but there wasn’t all that much. It was enjoyable enough that I didn’t put it down often and it was a nice addition to the series, but I wasn’t blown away at any point in the book.

Looks: I like the cover. It goes along with the other ones. I don’t really understand the title choice though. I mean, it’s a good way to describe the crew but scoundrels was never used in this book and I don’t think it was used in any of the others.

Content: Like the rest of Ally Carter’s books it’s clean. There’s one point where someone is drunk, but it’s only about a page or so in the book and isn’t a big deal.

Likes: The plot idea was good. There isn’t all the much to complain about.

Dislikes: Didn’t reach my expectations and I wanted more Hale/Kat interactions.

Overall: If you’ve read the other series you might as well read it. If you haven’t read any of Ally Carter’s books I’d say to start off with the Gallagher Girls series.

No comments:

Post a Comment