Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Back-Story: I read a great review on this book when it first came out, but I was kind of unsure if I wanted to read it or not. A while later I read a review on Lola and the Boy Next Door and read that book. After I read Lola and the Boy Next Door I decided to go ahead and give Anna and the French Kiss a chance.

Review: I cannot put into words how much I loved this book. It was funny it was sweet it was swoon-worthy it was amazing. I loved the writing and the characters. Stephanie Perkins has this quirkiness about her writing that I can’t help but love. The book is well paced and never boring and it’s easy to fall for the characters. What I liked the best about the book was that Étienne and Anna’s relationship started off as friends. They weren’t immediately after each other and it was a nice change of pace from other books. Another thing I liked was that Étienne wasn’t perfect. The main girl in a lot of books often meets a guy and he’s perfect. He has perfect hair and teeth and clothes, but in Anna and the French kiss Étienne is short with crooked teeth and he’s terrified of heights. I liked that he didn’t come off as a guy that every girl wants. It’s true that every girl wanted him, but he wasn’t displayed that way. He was average and normal and that’s what made him perfect. This book made me want to book a flight to France and go find me an Étienne, and I so wish I could.

Looks: I love the cover and how Anna and Étienne are shown. I just wish we could see Étienne’s face and I wish there was the blond band in Anna’s hair. I love the title a lot because it goes perfectly with the book.

Content: Some language but I can’t even hold it against it because this book is that good.

Likes: Everything. Anna. Étienne. The city. Étienne. The humor. Étienne.

Dislikes: Not a thing.

Overall: If you haven’t read this book you are deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment