Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Legend by Marie Lu


When I first saw this book come out, I didn't really care for it. I didn't even look into it and therefore knew nothing about it. It wasn't until an author I follow on Twitter (@lindsaycwrites) was talking about it that I decided to give it a try.

All in all I'm glad that I bought the book. It was an interesting read and fast paced, and it was extremely different than other books in the genera. For one thing, it takes place in the U.S and unlike a lot of books that take place in future U.S, the author didn't really change much about the states. The states are still there and the cities are the same. It's not some crumbled city or town and it doesn't have districts like in the Hunger Games. That was really surprising to me and I'm glad that she kept the U.S as the U.S.

The characters were great. I'm really bummed that Metias died. (This is not a spoiler. The information is in the synopsis.) I really wish he was still alive because I really liked him. Tess, June, and Day were very likeable characters. It was nice to read the book from both June and Day's points of views, and I think it was really cool that the font and color and design of the characters changed back and forth.

The book is a quick and easy read with short, yet exciting chapters. The only thing is that I wish that there was more romance in the book. There's a little bit and it kick starts June's want to help Day, but I feel like there should have been more romance to fuel the want because frankly, after I kiss a guy once I don't think I'd be willing to completely risk my life to help him.

I can't wait to read the next book in the trilogy, and will probably go out and buy it soon. I definitely recommend this to readers everywhere, and it's a good read for the younger crowd. It's a refreshing change to have this book in the genera that's consumed by the Hunger Games, and I think that the series will do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment