Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan


Back-Story: I’m a huge fan of Rick Riordan and have all his mythology books. I bought the Mark of Athena the day it came out, but I only started reading it a couple days ago. And boy, I am sad that I waited this long to read it!

Review: I cannot put into words how much I loved this book. This is by far the best book in the Heroes of Olympus series. The characters are great and I loved the Percy and Annabeth interactions. I liked the sort of rivalry between Percy and Jason too. Leo is one of my favorites and it was nice to read from his point of view. There’s a lot of action and romance and a little bit of a love triangle. The ending was shocking and I can’t wait for House of Hades to come out.

Looks: I love the cover because it shows Jason and Percy charging each other and it really shows the relationship between the two. I like how the owl is in the middle of it and I love the title of the book. It’s really fitting and goes along with the rest of the books.
Content: There’s a lot of action and romance. There’s also a lot of Rick Riordan’s humor.

Likes: I liked that there was a lot of character development and the book was action packed. I never wanted to put it down and it left me wanting more.

Dislikes: Jason annoyed me a little bit in this one and I hope he redeems himself in the next book. There was also a few typos which kind of bugged me, but there was only two or three so I’ll let it slide.

Overall: This book is amazing and if you haven’t read it yet then you need to do yourself a favor and read it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment