Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead



*Depending on how much you know or have read of the Bloodlines series, this may have some spoilers

I love love love love love this book! It has been a long time since I have been completely in love with a book. The first book in the series, Bloodlines, was good, but The Golden Lily was beyond amazing. It starts out with Sydney dealing with Keith and returning to Amberwood. We get to see more of Dimitri and Sonya in this book, and still no Rose (which kind of bums me out because I'd like to see her a little bit in this series). The romance between Sydney and Adrian is what totally made the book. It's funny in a way that we knew he was in love with her before Sydney did, and we see the little signs that even he's starting to realize his feelings for her. And what's even funnier is what comes through Jill and Adrian's bond.

I really don't have any complaints about the book other than I have no clue where Angeline came from. I'm assuming she's from Vampire Academy, but I haven't finished that series yet so her random appearance in The Golden Lily really threw me. I also don't understand the cover. I know the girl on the right is Sydney, but I have no clue who the girl on the left is. You can see how the story progresses and how much Sydney has changed. She starts to second guess things about her people, but it's not in an overwhelming or annoying way. You can also see how much improvement Richelle Mead has done in writing the series. This was a really great story that I recommend to anyone to read. And if you're not really into paranormal/supernatural type series, then read it for Adrian. He'll change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment