Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead


Let me start this review by first saying that I am a big fan of the Bloodline series. I love love love it and I think Sydney and Adrian are the best people ever and totally belong together. Now, if you haven't read this series then I suggest not reading this review. I don't feel like there are many spoilrs in this that would actually ruin anything, but if you don't want to read even the slightest spoiler then I suggest not reading this.

Overall, I was disappointed with this book. The series went from pretty good, to fantastic, to good, and then to just okay. I went into reading this book with high hopes because the second and third books were so good, but unfortunately, this book did not live up to my expectations. I thought it would be fun to read the book from both Sydney's and Adrian's sides, but it was actually not fun at all. The series is better off only written in Sydney's point of view. When I first heard that we would be getting inside Adrian's head and feeling his insanity I was so, so excited. I thought it was going to be great! It ended up being not so great. I guess it was nice to get a glimpse of how he thinks, but I think a lot of Adrian's appeal comes from how Sydney sees him and tries to figure out what he's thinking. I was also disappointed that Adrian isn't as insane as everyone claims he is. I felt like all the characters perceive his crazy at 100% when it's actually like 30% or 40%.

Adrian and Sydney's relationship wasn't as fun to read once they were together. I personally always like it better when couples aren't together yet than to when they are actually together. Its much more interesting to me. For the most part the book was just average. Towards the last 80 pages or so the story picks up and gets really interesting and really good. The way it ends makes me feel like the next book is going to be really great.

As a side note, I am so confused by the cover. Apparently the two on the cover is Sydney (duh) and Adrian. That makes sense. But I read this whole book thinking that the guy on the cover was Marcus because of the hair. And I was confused as to why Marcus was on the cover when he has no part in it and the book is all about Adrian. It wasn't until I read someone's review that I realized that the guy on the cover is Adrian. That really annoys me, not because it's Adrian. I'm glad it's Adrian, but because of his hair. On the first and third book his hair is longer and looks a bit more like Adrian type hair, but then you get to the fourth one and it's just like what? What's happened to his hair? This doesn't affect my opinion of the book and it's writing, but it does annoy me because I really hate it when book covers aren't consecutive.

If you haven't read this book yet then I'm going to go ahead and tell you not to expect much. It's a bit of a let down after how great books 2 and 3 were, but I would still encourage you to read it. I sincerely hope that book five will be a great one that's worth waiting for. If not, then I'm going to be totally beyond bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment