Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

52 Reasons to Hate my Father by Jessica Brody


Back-Story: In one of Meg Cabot’s blogs she mentioned this book and wrote a blurb for it and since Meg Cabot is the Queen of Writing I decided to read it.

Review: I wasn’t really impressed with this book. I was expecting it to be great but at one point I got bored with it and picked up another book to read instead. Lexi is kind of annoying in the beginning but it’s understandable since her father is making her work one job a week for a year before she can get her trust fund. When she starts to accept the jobs and starts seeing the silver lining, the book starts to get interesting and likeable. Lexi is really hung up on the lies about her mother’s death and when it gets resolved it just made me wonder what the point of it was. It isn’t a major plot point and it kind of seemed like it was just added in for more words and pages.
Looks: I like the cover and I think it incorporates the feel of the book really well, but I like the new cover better.

Content: Cuss words and drinking.

Likes: The middle of the book on and the cover.

Dislikes: It was slow starting and had annoying characters (Not just Lexi in the beginning).

Overall: I would recommend it, but I would warn people that it isn’t as great as it’s made out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment