Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The DUFF Movie Review



So I never made a post of The Duff after I read it, but here you go:

I didn't like it.

I did not like it at all.

The characters weren't relatable, the story was boring and predictable, and I just felt like it was a pointless book that made me question why it was so popular.

*Spoiler Alert*

The book is all about sex. Literally what happens is Bianca and Wes start sleeping together over and over and over for no reason and then they end up falling for each other.

*End of Spoiler Alert*

Now let's talk about the movie!

I wanted to see the movie and the fact that they were making this movie is what made me want to read the book. So I went ahead and bought the book, hated it, but still wanted to see the movie.

I really stinking loved the movie. The movie was so so good and nothing like the book, and I think that's why the movie was so good.

If you haven't seen the movie, then I highly recommend you see it, and right now I'm going to compare the two which will probably have spoilers so read at your own risk.

Here's the list of things that were different from the book, and please keep in mind that I'm completely doing this from memory for a book I read months and months ago, so I may be wrong on a few things.

-Monster voice in the movie/not in the book
-Bianca and Wes as neighbors in the movie/not in the book
-The huge social media fight in the movie/not in the book
-THERE WAS NO SEX AT ALL IN THIS MOVIE/so not in the book

Things that I didn't like about the movie:
-Bella Throne. I did not like her in this at all and I knew I wouldn't just by seeing the commercials. Her face was frozen the whole time, her voice was lower than it usually is, and she talked slowly. Towards the end of the movie she was more herself and it got better, but she was really killing the movie for me.

Things I loved about the movie:
-The storyline
-The characters
-Bianca
-Wes
-The humor
-The social media
-How modern it was

Overall, it was a great great movie. I am so impressed with how they completely changed the sucky book to an amazing movie. Honestly, if you held up the book to the movie, you would not know they were the same thing.

And I think that's what makes it so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment